Mahatma Gandhi was the leader of the Indian independence movement. Gandhi inspired movements for civil rights and freedom worldwide, as well as leading India to independence.Mahatma Gandhi Quotes was one of them. He made India an independent country without using any nuclear weapons, army, or malice. I hope you take something from one of the Gandhi quotes below, maybe even a sense of liberation from the idea that ‘it is possible to be a gentle and relaxed Superachiever.’Following are famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes and saying with images. We’ve compiled a list of 130 best Gandhi quotes on love, life, education, happiness, peace and more.
Wisest Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- I know, to banish anger altogether from one’s breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God’s grace.
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it – always.
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
- To forgive is not to forget. The merit lies in loving in spite of the vivid knowledge that one that must be loved is not a friend. There is not merit in loving an enemy when you forget him for a friend.
- A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.
- Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?
- It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
- It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.
- Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment.
- Manliness consists not in bluff, bravado or loneliness. It consists in daring to do the right thing and facing consequences whether it is in matters social, political or other. It consists in deeds not words.
- The seeker after truth should be humbler than the dust. The world crushes the dust under its feet, but the seeker after truth should so humble himself that even the dust could crush him. Only then, and not till then, will he have a glimpse of truth.
- A thousand candles can be lighted from the flame of one candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness can be spread without diminishing that of yourself.
- The only tyrant I accept in this world is the ‘still small voice’ within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.
- The inner voice is something which cannot be described in words. But sometimes we have a positive feeling that something in us prompts us to do a certain thing. The time when I learnt to recognise this voice was, I may say, the time when I started praying regularly.
- A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes With Images
The future depends on what we do in the present.
Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world; but to change ourselves.
It does not require money, to live neat, clean and dignified.
Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.
It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
There are two days in the year that we can not do anything, yesterday and tomorrow.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.
Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.
Do not judge others. Be your own judge and you will be truly happy. If you will try to judge others, you are likely to burn your fingers.
Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
When there is war, the poet lays down the lyre, the lawyer his law reports, the schoolboy his books.
Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
A small group of determined and like-minded people can change the course of history.
When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
Nothing has saddened me so much in life as the hardness of heart of educated people.
Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.
There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.
A person who is worried about the outcome of his work does not see his goal; he sees only his opposition and the obstacles before him.
Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
I have been known as a crank, faddist, madman. Evidently the reputation is well deserved. For wherever I go, I draw to myself cranks, faddists, and madmen.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.
You may think your actions are meaningless and that they won’t help, but that is no excuse, you must still act.
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 70 Walt Disney Quotes
- 60 Happy Sunday Quotes With Images
- 60 Peter Pan Quotes With Images
- 75 Awesome Cheer Up Quotes With Images
- 60 Motivational Fitness Quotes With Images
- 65 Deep Meaningful Quotes
- 60 Inspirational Quotes About Teamwork
- 75 Deep Broken Heart Quotes
- 75 Friendship Quotes With Images
- 55 Awesome Dr Seuss Quotes With Images
- 55 Inspiring Marilyn Monroe Quotes
- 60 Inspiring Maya Angelou Quotes
- 80 Best Collection Hurts Quotes
- 65 Happy Anniversary Quotes
- 70 Deep And Meaningful Osho Quotes
- 65 Inspiring Michael Jordan Quotes
- 60 Bob Marley Quotes With Images