These Marilyn Monroe quotes provide a glimpse into the fast and furious life she led that was cut short far too soon. They show that she had a thing or two to say about life, love, and how to be happy, and she had a lot of credibility due to the life she led. With one of the most recognisable names and faces in the world, Norma Jeane Mortenson – better known as Marilyn Monroe – knew a thing or two about life. Take note of Marilyn Monroe’s best quotes and lessons in love, beauty and being happy.
Marilyn Monroe was the most popular actress and model of her time. She was vary famous for playing the dumb blonde characters in movies and dramas too. Born in Los Angeles, California on 1 June in 1926 Norma Jeane Motenson went on to become the famous Marilyn Monroe. Here are the BEST Marilyn Monroe Quotes I gathered from all across the internet. I really love all of these, so credit is due to the people who made these. I scoured for days to find the best ones so I hope you enjoy! Following are popular Marilyn Monroe quotes and sayings with images. If you’re looking for the best Marilyn quotes you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of 55 inspiring Marilyn Monroe quotes on life, love, happiness, success, work, dreams, character and more.
Inspiring Marilyn Monroe Quotes
- I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
- I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
- Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.
- Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.
- The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space.
- One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I’m a woman. That is the way all females should feel.
- A woman can’t be alone. She needs a man. A man and a woman support and strengthen each other. She just can’t do it by herself.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.
- I’ve never fooled anyone. I’ve let people fool themselves. They didn’t bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn’t argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn’t.
- It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone.
- Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- I don’t forgive people because I’m weak, I forgive them because I am strong enough to know people make mistakes.
- Frankly, I’ve never considered my own figure so exceptional; until quite recently, I seldom gave it any thought at all.
- First, I’m trying to prove to myself that I’m a person. Then maybe I’ll convince myself that I’m an actress.
- I don’t mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. But what goes with it can be a burden.
- The way you carry yourself is influenced by the way you feel inside. You must feel attractive to be attractive.
- I think there’s two things in human beings… that they want to be alone, but they also want to be together.
- To all the girls that think you’re fat – because you’re not a size zero you’re the beautiful one. It’s society who’s ugly.
- Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- Men who think that a woman’s past love affairs lessen her love for them are usually stupid and weak.
- Always, always, always believe in yourself. Because if you don’t then who will, sweetie?
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them.
- Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.
- When you’re young and healthy you can plan on Monday to commit suicide, and by Wednesday you’re laughing again.
- A strong man doesn’t have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn’t match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world.
- That’s the way you feel when you’re beaten inside. You don’t feel angry at those who’ve beaten you. You just feel ashamed.
- Sometimes, wearing a scarf and a polo coat and no makeup and with a certain attitude of walking, I go shopping or just look at people living. But then, you know, there will be a few teenagers who are kind of sharp, and they’ll say, ‘Hey, just a minute. You know who I think that is?’ And they’ll start tailing me. And I don’t mind.
- Beauty and femininity are ageless and can’t be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won’t like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it’s based on femininity.
- There are many times when a woman will ask another girl friend how she likes her new hat. She will reply, ‘Fine,’ but slap her hand to her forehead the minute the girl leaves to yipe, ‘What a horror!’
- I was honoured when they asked me to appear at the president’s birthday rally in Madison Square Garden. There was like a hush over the whole place when I came on to sing ‘Happy Birthday,’ like if I had been wearing a slip, I would have thought it was showing or something. I thought, ‘Oh, my gosh, what if no sound comes out!’
Marilyn Monroe Quotes With Images
A career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night.
A girl doesn’t need anyone that doesn’t need her.
All a girl really wants from a guy is for him to prove to her that they are not all the same.
All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.
Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting than being one.
Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.
I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
I don’t mind living in a man’s world, as long as I can be a woman in it.
I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.
I don’t want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.
If I’d observed all the rules I’d never have got anywhere.
If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.
I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else.
I’m very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.
In spite of everything life is not without hope.
I restore myself when I’m alone.
It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.
Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together.
Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.
You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they’re dealing with.
t’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Happy 4th of July 2018
- 90 Inspirational Love Yourself Quotes
- 75 Inspirational Goodbye Quotes
- 95 Inspirational Dog Quotes
- 85 Creative Brother Quotes
- 75 Beautiful Love Husband Quotes
- 80 Loneliness Quotes About Being Alone
- 75 Fake Friends Quotes
- 80 Creative Quotes About Sisters
- 85 Inspirational Quotes About Strong Women
- 100 Creative Quotes About Trust And Sayings
- 90 Encouragement Quotes & Words Of Encouragement
- 80 Creative Betrayal Quotes
- 70 Sweetest Girlfriend Quotes
- 80 Awesome Baby Quotes
- 70 Walt Disney Quotes
- 60 Happy Sunday Quotes With Images
- 60 Peter Pan Quotes With Images
- 75 Awesome Cheer Up Quotes With Images
- 60 Motivational Fitness Quotes With Images
- 65 Deep Meaningful Quotes
- 60 Inspirational Quotes About Teamwork
- 75 Deep Broken Heart Quotes
- 75 Friendship Quotes With Images
- 55 Awesome Dr Seuss Quotes With Images