Below is our compilation of mother and daughter quotations, of Mother Daughter Quotes, daughter proverbs compiled from a variety of sources over the years.
The bond between mothers and children is special and can not even be recognized by anyone else. We love each other and understand each other with a strength that envies others. Nevertheless, their friendship does not have issues.
Such quotations define a mother-daughter relationship’s strongest and most difficult facets. Try them out and your mom or daughter will be offered you a new appreciation.
Mom and daughter’s partnership is so important and in this section, you can find a well-preserved set of quotes that illustrate how unique this friendship is. The quotations are perfect as part of a greeting card or message from Mother’s Day or a wedding talk. You can also check out the LovingYou Messages.
Cute Short Mother Daughter Quotes
- I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love have guided me and given me wings to fly.
~ Sarah Malin
- Mom, everything I am, you helped me to be.
- Mom, thank you for being my anchor in this stormy sea of life.
- My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her.
- Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.
~ Matthew L. Jacobson
- I look at my mom and think, what would I do without this woman?
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
- MOM – a title just above the QUEEN.
- God could not be everywhere, therefore he made mothers.
~ Jewish Proverb
- Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.
The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best “best friend” that I ever had.
- We laugh, we cry, we make time fly…
We are best friends, my mom and I.
- If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.
- A mom is a daughter’s “first” friend. And, through life, becomes her best friend.
~ Vicki Reece
- A mother. When you’re a child she walks before you, to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you, to be there should you need her. When you’re an adult she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together.
- First my mother, forever my friend.
- The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.
Mother And Daughter Sayings and Quotes
- A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.
- A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.
- The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life [ ] the stronger the daughter.
- As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine life without her.
- Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.
- A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
- Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.
- We, mothers, are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.
- A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
- The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.
- A busy mother makes slothful daughters.
- Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.
- A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.
- Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful.
- I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.
- Good daughters make good mothers.
- Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future… As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off-kilter.
- A fluent tongue is the only thing a mother doesn’t like her daughter to resemble her in.
- The mother is only really the mistress of her daughter upon the condition of continually representing herself to her as a model of wisdom and type of perfection.
- Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few ranks with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.
- Because mothers and daughters can affirm and enjoy their commonalities more readily, they are more likely to see how they might advance their individual interests in tandem, without one having to be sacrificed for the other.
- Unlike the mother-son relationship, a daughter’s relationship with her mother is something akin to bungee diving. She can stake her claim in the outside world in what looks like total autonomy–in some cases, even divorce her mother in a fiery exit from the family–but there is an invisible emotional cord that snaps her back. For always there is the memory of a mother, whose judgments are so completely absorbed into the daughter’s identity that she may wonder where Mom leaves off and she begins.
- What do girls do who haven’t any mothers to help them through their troubles
- He that the daughter win must with the mother first begin.
- Mothers and daughters can stay very connected during their teenage years. In the middle of your life, you can become very alone. Even though you’re connected deeply to other family members, lovers, husbands, friends.
- When a mother quarrels with a daughter, she has a double dose of unhappiness hers from the conflict, and empathy with her daughter’s from the conflict with her. Throughout her life, a mother retains this special need to maintain a good relationship with her daughter.
Inspirational Mother Daughter Relationship Quotes
- It’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken. A lifelong friendship built on sharing. Hugs and kisses, warmth and caring. Mother and daughter, their hearts as one – a link that can never be undone.
- The special bond shared between a mother and daughter is the one place in all the world were hearts can be sure of each other. Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain one.
- Here’s to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
- The bond between a Mother and Daughter is like no other. They laugh, they cry, they fight, they hug tight. In the end, their heart and soul connection transcends the test of time.
- Mothers and daughters, they always share a special bond, though near or far apart. The words that would describe it, are written on the heart.
- Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.
- The love between a mother and daughter knows no distance.
- Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.
- When life gets hard and you feel all alone, remember you mean the world to somebody, and that somebody calls you mom.
- A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
~ Dorothy C Fisher
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
~ Sophia Loren
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
~ Oscar Wilde
- Happiness is..seeing your mother smile because of you.
- Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.
~ Linda Wooten
- I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.
- Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.
~ Alexandra Stoddard